- Photo shows the animated version of Tibet travelling map drew by a famous Internet illustrator from southeast China's Fujian Province.
- Lhasa, capital of China's Tibet Autonomous Region, has a history of more than 1,300 years. It is the political, economic, cultural and transport center of the region.
- Nagqu lies in the northern part of the Tibet Autonomous Region at longitude 84o55 'E and latitude 29o55 '-36o30 'N. Nagqu falls within the sub-frigid zone and experiences extreme cold.
- Shigatse connects with three countries of Nepal, Bhutan and Sikkim in the south, Ngari in the west, Nagqu in the north and Lhasa and Lhoka in the east.
- The Ngari Prefecture is located in the western part of the Tibetan Autonomous Region, at the center of the Changtang Plateau on the northern part of the Qinghai-Tibet Plateau.
- Lhoka Prefrecture of the Tibet Autonomous Region is located between 9014'E-9422'E and 2708"N-2947"N.
- Located in the east of Tibet Autonomous Region,the Chamdo Prefecture covers an area of 108,600 square km.
- Nyingchi, "throne of the sun" in Tibetan, is located in southeast Tibet, where the Himalaya Mountains and Nyainqentanglha Mountains extend from west to east.
According to China’s Constitution and the Law of the People’s Republic of China on Regional Ethnic Autonomy, Tibet Autonomous Region enjoys extensive autonomous rights, covering politics, economy, culture and social life.
An earthquake measuring 5.0 on the Richter scale jolted Yongshan County of Southwest China's Yunnan Province 06:07 a.m. Sunday (Beijing Time), according to the China Earthquake Networks Center.
Former prime minister Khaleda Zia's 20-party opposition alliance Saturday staged demonstration in capital Dhaka and elsewhere cross the country to protest the Israeli military attack on Palestinian people in Gaza.